Check out my brand-new content, #HobbyTalking!

The Sword to Protect Her Friends

This blog post may contain minimal spoilers. Please read this only if you had seen this Episode.

Inori-D Station strives to give spoiler-free Episode Reviews and Impressions in this post.

Overview (Story)
“Will you accept my challenge, or will you just run away?”

Their next game is a game of baseball, and Team RISE shall be facing the Team BanShee. Team RISE is at disadvantage with just three of them, along with the other player robots.

The Team BanShee is just playing around and making fun of the Team RISE. When they had scored against them for once, this is where Yukino have made entrance as a batter in baseball — and a new Team RISE member!

Back to Contents


Hmm… Somehow, it has made me moved when watching this Episode! Alright, let’s head on to the review and impression proper!

Actually, the second part of the arc is just only covering the 65 percent of the whole Episode. Which means, the other 35 percent is given to the new story arc. I don’t know if it is a production problem. But it seems you could skip watching the last 35 percent of the Episode, if you are just watching for the story arc of Yukino, who becomes a new member of Team RISE, from being a dojo swordswoman. Overall, the first 65 percent is exciting to watch, but when it comes to the remaining part, it becomes boring. But not until you wait for the next Episode to be watched.

Characters. Yukino Tachibana is a cool and loyal girl — seemingly she is just like some girls who doesn’t like dirty jokes or other equivalent. As usual, those are some common traits of a typical girl who lived in a dojo or temple. And for some Team BanShee members, namely RiN, NaO, and SaKo, yep, they were bullies. Those three are just like little kid rascals who like to ridicule or bully some random kids around the playground. But when they were rescued by some brave girls (or a boy), these bullies will eventually run away. Team BanShee can be boastful from the start, but they were just crybabies when they lost the game.

Story. Like I had said in the previous paragraph mentioned, the story in the second part of the arc is just 65-35 split. Which is basically, this Episode becomes boring at the last part, just right after when the current story arc is finished. And to summarize the contour of the story, the excitement goes from up going to the downward of a hill. That’s it. And overall, the story flow in this Episode is just average, for me.

I have learned from this Episode that on what the man has said to Yukino, we should try out something new. Instead of being stuck into one place, while carrying the legacy of your father or whatsoever who the legend or ancestor is, we should try to change our own direction. And that is, we could carry around into a place where we haven’t seen or tried before. That’s why he said that her father’s sword legacy should find a new path, instead of having Yukino to be stuck alone in a dojo, while wielding and flailing her wooden sword for training. And to summarize everything, we should try something new, and we couldn’t find it out if we never try. Sometimes, we do not simply stuck ourselves into one aspect only, and having more than one skill is a must in order to stand out!

Back to Contents

Series Info
©Project ExH

Extreme Hearts began airing in Japan since July 10, 2022 with its First Episode, and began streaming on some streaming networks worldwide.

For more info, see this page.

Back to Contents

Inori Donz

Inori Donz is a blogger, video gamer, Anime enthusiast, bicycle rider, and Anime figure photographer. His favorite area of concentration is 'LoveLive! Series', where he plays its featured smartphone video games, as well as watching its Anime series counterparts. "I like Anime, toys and figures, and mostly, I like playing free-to-play video games. Definitely not your usual commoner you see everyday in the streets." He started his blogging journey since December 2013, with a free WordPress blog, named 'IemDonz Blog'. That free blog contains most of his Anime figure photography works, as well as some of his opinions and experiences in the Anime world.